I was writing an uber serious post today about connection to people and places, but it’s Saturday and I’m at work. I don’t need serious. What this blogger needs is a ridiculous cat. Yup. So courtesy of someone else’s blog, here is a ridiculous(ly cool) cat:
That did make me feel better, and since I can’t get the serious post to say what I want it to say in 500 words, here’s the condensed version:
I had a really unexpected dinner last night with a friend from high school.
Good things about that:
- Seeing an old friend from high school (obvious, yes)
- Hearing an East Texas accent
- Getting news about other old friends
- Seeing that life takes unexpected twists for everyone (and that can be really good)
Bad thing about the dinner:
- I feel home(town)less at the moment.
For some reason that I can’t quite put my finger on, seeing someone from Elkhart made me feel like I’m not actually from there. [Insert furrowed brow here.] Anyone want to loan me a hometown?
(That’s half of Elkhart’s downtown. Don’t blink. Those trees in the background? That’s the edge of town.)