These are a few of my favorite things:
And if you forced me to say which food websites are my absolute favorites, these would be the pick-of-the-day (or month):
- The Pioneer Woman for the part of me that loves tasty food that never ever lets me down. Really. My success rate with PW’s recipes is very close to 100%, and I’ve made a huge number of her recipes. I’m not sure if that boils down to good recipe testing on her part or excellent directions or a combo of the above, but it’s impressive.
- Giada De Laurentiis for the international travel and food intersection of my heart. Because sometimes even rural people like myself want to eat their way across the globe without leaving home.
- The Kitchn when I need a quicker meal or a basic recipe. Their instructions for making bacon in the oven have changed how I feel about bacon. Sure, I’ve always loved eating bacon, but cooking it was another matter. It used to involve such precise timing and sometimes smoke and always popping oil. The oven idea was a game changer here, and I’m grateful that I read it here first. Yum. Also, their Nicoise salad is a staple at our house.
- Food 52 for when I want to go a little bit fancier. Good cooking techniques, interesting ingredients, sometimes a little bit more time-consuming than my other food loves. Sometimes complicated can be fun.
- Cookie + Kate for when I want veggies to be front and center. I occasionally add meat to her vegetarian fare, but whether I add meat or not, I can count on amazing flavor and a nutritious meal.
Now for a shameless plug, I am kind of partial to my own Etsy shop: Small But Valuable.