Well, it turns out that making an entire turkey for two people means meat for at least two weeks. We’re still working our way through last week’s turkey.
Last night, that meant trying out Giada’s Cranberry Barbeque Sauce Turkey Sliders. It was good, even if I edited it a bit to make it easier. In fact, I made it a lot easier. And the key take-away points?
- Making things easier is always fun.
- Apple slaw is something you should try, and soon.
Giada’s Cranberry BBQ Sauce Turkey Sliders (with apple slaw)–the easy way
Celery Apple Slaw:
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored but not peeled, cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1 one-lb. bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or less if you like your cranberries super tart like I do)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 3 cups shredded turkey (or chopped however you like your turkey on your sandwich)
- barbeque sauce of your choice–we like Scott’s homemade kind best, but that’s a recipe for another post
- 12 dinner rolls