I might live in Virginia, but in some parts of the world, the end of August means that cool weather is on its way. I could tell you why I love fall every single day and not get tired of it. Here are a few of the things I think about when facing another hot summer day:
1. Crisp air
2. Scarves, jackets, sweaters, layers, and my favorite pair of boots (to go with the crisp air)
3. Changing leaf colors (because of the crisp air)
4. Saturday nights with Garrison Keillor and a cup of hot something (although to be fair, he’s good with a cup of cold something, too)
5. That cozy feeling you get when it’s slightly chilly out… the one that makes you want to curl up with a blanket or the closest lap dog
6. The knowledge that all the best holidays are right around the corner
7. And finally, running without wanting to die
2 Comments Add yours
Yes, you’ll probably find everything on your wish list here in Colorado when you come in September. I would have to delete #7, however. High altitude running is not my forte! We can’t wait to see you!!! If the air isn’t cool enough for you in the valley, we’ll just keep climbing higher. There’ll probably be some snow on the top! Don’t pack all your layers, you can wear mine.
It’s even better at your house because the lap dog in question weighs 50 or 60 lbs. And I feel like hiking is a valid switch for running.