Presidents’ Day weekend couldn’t come at a better time. I did in fact have an extremely flaky week. I decided to embrace the flakes instead of resisting them. Not one or two, but three significant events got knocked off ye ol’ schedule, and it was bliss. Now I have three days to enjoy nothing but painting walls, running errands, and walking the dog.
Also, I’ve started all sorts of blog posts in the past three days and can’t seem to make it past the first paragraph of any of them. So far, I’ve got opening thoughts on the following topics:
- That having political debates seems like a good idea until you realize it’s a lot more frustrating than productive
- My increasing love for everything about The Pioneer Woman‘s blog
- Why clothes really do make a difference in my life, even if that seems superficial
- The wanderlust attacks that seize me on a regular basis
- The discovery that my German roots have perhaps made me lean heavily towards reason and logic at a significant cost to heart and sympathy… oops (and what do you do if you like your flaws?)
- And last but not least, the many positive aspects of butter
Hopefully some literary brilliance will strike while I’m breathing in toxic paint fumes this weekend. Do paint fumes work the same way that alcohol and other drugs work (as far as gaining credibility in the world of authors and writing masterpieces is concerned)? If so, I’m on my way to a literary award in no time flat. Until then, I hope you enjoy whatever the next three days bring your way. Did I forget to mention that mine will include a Mormon singles dance (no, I’m not Mormon)? Looking forward to it!